FAQ’s - Guide to Using My Pinnacle Visa Prepaid Card
1. Which button do I select when making a purchase at a merchant?
You select the CR button. If you press SAV or CHQ your transaction will be declined.
2. Does my card have to be swiped through the EFTPOS device every time I make a
When you are in store yes your card does. You can also use your Visa Prepaid cards
to shop online, and for phone and mail purchases.
3. Where can I use my Pinnacle Visa Prepaid Card?
You can use your card to make purchases of goods and/or services at any merchant
that accepts Visa (at a merchant’s discretion). This includes online, and for purchases
through mail or phone. You can use your card domestically within Australia and overseas.
Refer to Terms and Conditions of Use as fees and charges apply.
4. Do I receive a PIN mailer?
No, you set your 4-digit PIN online at the time of activating your card – Refer
to Terms and Conditions of Use.
5. Do I have to use a PIN when making a purchase at a merchant?
6. Can I use my Visa Prepaid Card to withdraw cash?
Yes, you can use your card at any ATM that accepts Visa to withdraw cash. Select
the CR button. Refer to your Terms and Conditions of Use as fees and charges apply.
7. Do I have to use a PIN when withdrawing cash at an ATM?
8. Is the balance updated automatically?
Each time you use the Visa Prepaid Card to make a purchase, the purchase amount
is automatically deducted from your Card balance at the time the transaction is
approved. If the transaction is declined the funds are not deducted as there is
not enough balance to allow the transaction to be completed. You can check their
balance online at WEBSITE all in real time.
9. What do I do if my purchase is not approved?
Check the following:
- i. The payment network may be off-line. You may need to provide cash to complete
your transaction or come back when the system is up. You cannot use the prepaid
card when the system is off-line.
- ii. The prepaid card’s magnetic stripe may be damaged. Contact the DirectCash’s
Head Office to obtain a replacement card - refer to Terms and Conditions of Use
available at www.directcashprepaid.com.au.
- iii. There may be insufficient funds left on your Visa prepaid card for the transaction.
Check the balance via the cardholder website or call the contact centre on 1800159911.
- iv. The prepaid card has expired. Check the expiry date on the front of the card.
Refer to your card Terms and Conditions.
10. How can I check a Prepaid Card’s balance?
You can check the balance by going to the cardholder website. You will need to provide
the card number and your password that you set at the time of activation.
11. Can these Prepaid Cards be reloaded with value?
Yes, these prepaid cards are reloadable.
12. How can I load additional funds onto my card?
Currently, the only way to load your Pinnacle Visa Card is in person at any Cash
Store location. Refer to Terms and Conditions of Use as fees and charges do apply.
13. Does a Prepaid Card expire?
Yes, a Pinnacle Visa prepaid card will expire as per the expiry date on the front
of the card.
14. Do I receive give change on a Prepaid Card transaction?
No, the prepaid card can be used until the balance reaches a nil value, no matter
how small the balance, and you can add value at any time. Refer to Terms and Conditions
of Use as fees and charges do apply.
15. What happens I have lost my prepaid card or it was stolen?
Lost or stolen prepaid cards can be reported 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through
the cardholder website at www.directcashprepaid.com.au or you can call 1800159911.
A replacement card may be organised. For further information refer to Terms and
Conditions of Use as fees and charges apply.
16. Are there terms & conditions that apply to the Pinnacle Visa Prepaid Card?
Yes, you can view the full terms & conditions at www.directcashprepaid.com.au